What is Collective Futures?
- A student-led group who’re passionate about improving their and fellow students’ employability skills
- A network of students creating businesses, providing college services and potentially making a profit from their great ideas
- A tool for bringing together local businesses, entrepreneurs and start-up companies to network with students as mentors and potential employers
- A hub for all entrepreneurial activity in the college from supporting graphic design freelancers to running speaker events on how to make some money!
What can an Enterprise Society do for you?
- Provide you with excellent experience which will build your skills in a number of areas: communications, IT, finance, customer service and event management; this will help prepare you for a variety of careers outside of college
- Demonstrate that entrepreneurship is a viable employment option upon leaving college - a lot of the courses often lead into self-employment, for example hair & beauty, construction, design and media
- Taking part in the society is an excellent addition to your CV - it shows employers and universities that you have taken the initiative to apply what you’re learning through your course in the real world by managing projects/events
- A real opportunity to make some money from the ventures you start as a part of the society and even take them further outside of college
- An opportunity to demonstrate leadership, initiative and teamwork skills in a non-classroom setting
- Gain support from local businesspeople and young entrepreneurs who have learnt some key lessons when getting their own ideas off the ground
- Increase the variety of work experience opportunities available to you, demonstrate the skills you have gained from the society in a work environment and potentially receive offers for work once you have gained your qualifications
- Don't forget, the society has funding this year, to be spent by YOU. Some of this money can be used to support students who have a business idea and just need a helping hand to get it off the ground
Visit the Collective Futures website now, or for more information email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02392 721 745.