The Free College Meals programme will provide free food for Further Education students from disadvantaged backgrounds.
It's for students who are aged 16-18, or 16-25 and subject to Learning Difficulties Assessments.
Students will also need to prove they, or their parents/guardians, are in receipt of one or more of the following:
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseekers Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190, as assessed by Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- During the initial roll out of the benefit, Universal Credit
Students, or their parents/guardians on their behalf, must make a successful application for free meals before they will be provided to the student.
For more details, please call 02392 328 947 or email email@example.com.