The search is on to find the south’s top young artists who would like to raise awareness of global sustainability and recycling.
Highbury College and internationally recognised contemporary artist, My Dog Sighs, are challenging local 13 to 16-year-olds to put their skills to the test in their second consecutive creative competition. One lucky youngster will win a £50 Amazon voucher and have the opportunity to meet My Dog Sighs at the Highbury College Creative Showcase in June (subject to change due to Coronavirus and social distancing recommendations).
To create a painting, drawing, sculpture, digital illustration, collage or photographic image on the theme:
Recycling for a sustainable future
The competition is open to 13-16-year-olds who live or go to school within the PO postcode area.
£50 Amazon Voucher.
£25 Amazon Voucher.
Winners will be announced at the Highbury College Creative Showcase on Wednesday 10th June, 6-8pm (subject to change due to Coronavirus and social distancing recommendations). All entrants and guests welcome.
Submit your entry by Friday 29th May 2020.
Submissions can be made by visiting
Alternatively, group submissions may be organised by your school.
Emma Gaylor from Highbury College’s Creative Academy said: “We can’t wait to see what the south’s young artists come up with in this competition.
“We know there are a lot of talented young people across Hampshire, Sussex and the Isle of Wight so we are looking forward to discovering some of the regions rising stars.”
By entering our Art & Design Competition you agree to the terms and conditions below:
- The prize promotion is open to students aged 13-16 living in Portsmouth or surrounding 30-mile radius.
- The competition is not open to the families of Highbury College employees.
- To enter you must submit a single piece of artwork on the theme 'life through the eyes of the teenager'.
- Submissions must be made before midnight on 29th May 2020.
- No substitutions and no equivalent cash value are offered.
- The winner will be announced on the 10th June at the Highbury Creative Showcase (subject to change due to Coronavirus and social distancing recommendations), where the work will be displayed and judged.
- The winners' names will be published and the winners may be required to participate in publicity.
- The winner of the competition agrees that neither Highbury College not its employees or any sponsors shall have any liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prize awarded herein.
- Prizes are subject to availability.
- This competition is run solely by Highbury College and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any third parties.