Submit an article, poem or essay of your choice, of no more than 600 words on the theme ‘Brexit’.
This piece of writing can be anything you can think of as long as it is engaging and would entertain your peers.
We are looking for creative and inspiring entries.
1st prize is a £150 Amazon voucher.
Plus 5 x £50 runner-up prizes.
Mark Waldron, Editor, Portsmouth News
Maggie Sawkins, Award-winning poet
Claire Colley, Author
Sam Cox, Portsmouth Poet Laureate
Matthew Fleming, Lecturer in English, Highbury Sixth Form Academy
Submit your entry before 8th January2018 by emailing your entry to email@example.com
By entering our Brexit Challenge you agree to our competition terms and conditions below.
- The prize promotion is open to students aged 14-16 living in Portsmouth or surrounding 30 miles radius.
- The competition is not open to the families of Highbury College employees.
- To enter you must submit an article, poem or essay of your choice, of no more than 600 words on the theme ‘Brexit’.
- Submissions must be made before 12 midnight on 8th January 2018.
- No substitutions and no equivalent cash value are offered.
- The winner will be notified via email by 30th January 2018.
- The winner's names will be published and the winners may be required to participate in publicity.
- The winner of the competition agrees that neither Highbury College nor its employees or any sponsors shall have any liability in connection with the acceptance or use of any of the prize awarded herein.
- Prizes are subject to availability.
- This competition is run solely by Highbury College and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with any third parties.