Last summer, 23-year-old former Highbury College Apprentice Molly Caswell, launched Molly Caswell Hairdressing & Barbering salon, located in North End, Portsmouth.

After starting on a Level 1 hairdressing course almost 5 years ago, Molly quickly secured an Apprenticeship and since then hasn’t looked back! Since opening the salon in August 2016 the business has gone from strength to strength and Molly is now looking to help other aspiring hairdressers by taking on her very own apprentice.

Molly commented: “I loved my apprenticeship and I am really excited to employ an apprentice myself. Taking on an apprentice means we can train the student in the methods and techniques we practice here at the salon. It’s also great for the apprentice to work with the clients on a daily basis, allowing them to build their confidence and learn from the other stylists.”

Lisa Ashwell, hairdressing lecturer at Highbury College said: “Molly was a pleasure to teach and had showed great potential, I look forward to working with her in the future to support her new apprentice and wish her every success.”

If you like to see Molly in action, head down to the salon at 158 London Road, or call 02393 078341 to book an appointment.

For more information about Apprenticeships at Highbury College click here or call 02392 383131.

Article Details

• Date 14/06/2017

Author Liz Cruz