Following the recent closure of College campuses, the Safeguarding Team will be supporting students remotely online or via telephone.
If you wish to discuss or report any concerns about yourself or another Highbury student, please phone any of the numbers listed below:
- Angela Kountouroudas: 07775463245
- Janet Cummings: 07775463003
- Denise Brock: 07775462374
- Helen Brennan: 07845929690
- Hannah Parkinson: 07899036176
- Sally Thatcher: 07899025864
- Manj Mahey: (for students/apprentices based in Birmingham) 07776857258
If you cannot contact one of the above numbers please contact:
Portsmouth Multi Agency Services Hub
023 92 688793 (office hours)
03005551373 (out of hours)
For students/apprentices based in Birmingham please contact:
Multi Agency Services Hub
0121 303 1888 (office hours)
If you feel at immediate risk, please call the Police on 999.
External Health & Wellbeing Support
If you are concerned about your mental or physical health you can find some useful links below.
Samaritans 24-hour advice and support
+44 (0)116 123 (national number)
+44 (0)23 9269 1313
Visit the following website for information and advice about relationships, sex and the internet.
Free Always Heard Helpline for children involved with Children’s Services who need any of the following:
- advice on their rights and what support they’re entitled to
- support at meetings with Children’s Services to express their wishes and feelings
- support to make a complaint if they are not happy about the decisions that have been made about them
Freephone helpline: 0808 800 5792
Text and WhatsApp: 07758 670369
Simon says support children and young people up to 18 years in Hampshire, who have a significant person in their life who had died or is dying. Session run a monthly basis and are free. Need to register before you go.
Eastleigh YPG (11-18).
New Milton (0-18).
Support Line Number: 02380 647550
Solent Mind Wellbeing Centre
If you are aged 18 or over, live in Portsmouth and have a mental health issue, Solent Mind can help.
- Advice and information about mental health and treatment options
- Support as an individual or in group activities
- Signposting to other organisations that could help
- Opportunities to share your skills and experience, to help other people with mental health conditions
Address: Portsmouth Wellbeing Centre, 100 Palmerston Road, SouthseaPO5 3PT
Phone: 023 9282 4795
St Mary's NHS Treatment Centre
111 (out of hours)
0333 200 1822
If you are at risk of harming yourself, you can call this free NHS service (free from both mobiles and landlines) anytime, day or night, and on every day of the year.
Accident and Emergency Department at Queen Alexandra Hospital Cosham
If you can, get a friend to accompany you to A&E. If not phone 999 now. Let the staff know that you are feeling unsafe and at risk of harming yourself.