The course includes a wide range of creative disciplines including photography, illustration, digital art, painting, sculpture, screen printing and digital media. You will also get the opportunity to work on many live projects for real clients giving you professional experience.
During the course, you will experiment with a wide variety of new materials allowing you to build your technical skills whilst developing your critical and contextual research skills.
Units may include:
• introduction to visual language and research skills
• introduction to critical and contextual awareness
• introduction to materials, processes and technical skills
• integrated approach to 2D and 3D problem solving
• integrated approach to time-based problem solving
• developing an art and design project.
In addition to your studio time, you will complete a one-week work placement within the industry. You will have the opportunity to work on many live projects and exhibit your work at Portsmouth’s Aspex Gallery.
Past projects include panto set design for Groundlings Theatre, and many students entered the Royal Opera House Annual Design Challenge. Students enjoyed visits to galleries and exhibitions including the V&A Museum, Tate Modern and Saatchi Gallery. At the end of their studies, students exhibit their work at the Highbury Creative Showcase
, an event designed to celebrate creative work from all areas of the College.