Want to study an education related subject at undergraduate level but not yet sure which area suits you best? Then this Access to HE Diploma (Education) with its General Pathway is the ideal course for you. It provides a great balance of educational practice alongside theory and childhood studies, making it the perfect programme for students who want to gain a valuable insight into the world of education.
The course is made up of 19 units:
• Preparing to Study
• Academic Writing Skills
• Preparing a Written Assignment
• Independent Research
• An Introduction to Classroom Teaching
• Progressing to Higher Education
• Theories of Child Development
• Behaviour Problems in the Classroom
• Roles, Responsibilities & Relationships in Education
• Human Nutrition & the Digestive System
• The Human Musculoskeletal System
• Human Reproduction, Growth & Development
• Theories of Cognitive Development & Learning
• Child Protection
• Understanding the Intellectual & Language Development
• Introduction to Teaching & Learning
• Child Development & Management of Pupil Behaviour
• The Developing Child.
If you're a UK resident aged 19 or over then you'll have to pay your own fees but you can apply for the government backed 19+ Advanced Learner Loan. This will be paid back in monthly instalments but the payments only begin once you've finished the Access to HE diploma and are earning over £25,000 per year.
Ideally, once you've finished the Access to HE diploma you'll then go on to complete a higher education (HE) qualification, such as a degree course. The outstanding balance of your 19+ Advanced Learner Loan will then be written off.